Date: May 15, 2020 - May 16, 2020
Time: 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Amy Domke was a fine arts major in college. When assigned a project using an “unconventional” medium, she made a quilt with the help of her neighbor. Thirty years later, Amy is still quilting. She loves exploring new styles and trying new techniques. After many years of renting time on a longarm at a local shop, she purchased her own machine. She now quilts professionally on an HQ Infinity with the HQ Pro-Stitcher.
Amy teaches quilting classes at her local shop, ranging from ruler classes to longarm classes. She also travels to give one-on-one instruction to new machine owners. From her studio, she also accepts quilt commissions and is in the process of releasing patterns for her original designs. She is a member of the Handi Quilter Inspiration Squad and has been featured in some Handi Quilter ads.
$120 BOTH DAYS
Save $20 by purchasing bundle
FRIDAY, MAY 15
COST: $35 Morning Only
TAKING THE MYSTERY OUT OF LONGARM QUILTIN
- Longarm machine and frame features and maintenance
- How to set tension on a bobbin and your machine, needles and thread
- How to load your quilt onto a frame
- Choosing the right thread and designs for your project
- A basic overview of free-motion techniques and ruler work
FRIDAY, MAY 15
Cost: $35 Afternoon only
BUILDING A FREE MOTION QUILTING DESIGN LIBRARY
- Develop a library of free-motion designs
- How to plan out a quilting path
- Exploring different designs based on a basic shape
- Adjusting your quilting path to create your own new designs
- Using a grid to layout your quilting designs
PRO-STITCHER CLASSES: Those who own the Pro-Stitcher and want to bring the Simulator loaded on a tablet or Windows-based laptop or their actual Pro-Stitcher tablet, may do so.
Saturday, MAY 16
This is a one-day training course and are not separate sessions.
The cost includes a full day of training.
Introduction to the HQ Pro-Stitcher-PART 1
Pro-Stitcher is an intuitive computer-guided quilting system designed especially for use with Handi Quilter longarm quilting machines. User-friendly and simple to operate, the step-by-step process for each function is easy and fun. Whether finishing your own quilts or considering a quilting business, come see the elegant and precise quilting you can accomplish with a Pro-Stitcher. New owners – start here!
- Overview of support resources available on-line
- Overview of menu and basic functions and design catalog
- Fit a design to a block using Skew and Resize, XForm and Align
- Demonstration of the Pro-Stitcher Simulator
- Overview of Art & Stitch
Introduction to the HQ Pro-Stitcher-PART 2
This class of quilting applications is an extension of Part 1 and addresses specific functions and basic techniques a quilter will use on a regular basis to finish quilts with the HQ Pro-Stitcher. Tips and shortcuts for using features of the program are included.
- What’s the difference between Reposition, Nudge and Drag and Drop?
- The many ways to describe an Area on your quilt
- Using Skew 1 vs Skew 2
- Set up, crop, wrap and advance edge-to-edge designs
- Quilt straight lines the easy way with Move and Channel Locks
Snacks and Beverages will be provided both days. There is a 1 hour break for lunch from 12:30-1:30 both days. Lunch is on your own.
We ask that you register for a class in advance. Payment is due at time of registration. You may make payment with a credit card over the phone or come into the store. Class size is limited and in many classes, we have waiting lists. If you are unable to attend a class, please call to cancel your class registration 5 (five) days prior to the date of the class. See Refund Policy located under the Calendar Section.